Thursday 1 October 2009

Call for Research

Hello.

According to my stat counter, about ten different people visit this blog each day.

I have a question.

You might have leads. 

Do you?

Ok so here are my questions. (they've just multiplied).

1. Who else wants to live the way that I want to live? With part time knowledge work, and gardening, and goats, and a slower pace of life, and rural air and space and breakfasting on the hedgerows? 

Who are they? What do they number? What sorts of people are they?


2. Who is able to live that way?

I've got 50% of the blended lifestyle: a part time interesting job that I can do from anywhere provided I can be in London for meetings about once a week. That gives me the time and flexibility to establish the other 50% of the blended lifestyle.

How normal is that kind of work? How many people can have such freedom and flexibility with their employers?


3. What are the relevant social, economic and environmental trends?

And what are the drivers? And, how might they play out over the next couple of decades?


If you know anything, any stats, or any articles or reports that would be good to read, could you drop a comment or an email??

No comments:

Post a Comment