I like this blog.
I like all the comments from friends and strangers.
I haven't written in it for a while.
I have been Getting Practical.
A project team has amassed. They are lovely and it feels precious and beautiful.
We are (probably) going to Buy Land and Do Stuff.
Every three months or thearabouts we have an open meeting where anyone can come and that's currently the way that new people get involved. I guess the next one would be sometime in February or March.
Although that might be developing because I think we're going to start a DIY Church
yes a CHURCH
where you can be anything from a devout Jew to an athiest
and still come along and play
I think we're going to make up our own sermons
About this project.
We had a couple of days of visioning.
We came up with these key ideas / principles in popularity order:
1. A SPIRE! (14)
2. Personal growth and development (13)
3. Elemental living and a healthy relationship with nature (13)
4. Personal autonomy (11)
5. Creativity / emergence (improvisation / process oriented) (9)
6. In all our dealings we aim to embody: honesty, tolerance, openness, respect, and something else I can't read (8)
7. Resilience, self-provision, sustainability (8)
8. Collective joy (7)
9. Collaboration and mutual support (7)
10. Inreach and outreach (6)
11. Enduring relationship with place (6)
12. Collective purpose and endeavour (6)
13. Concentric circles of belonging / variety of relationships (5)
14. Play (2)
We don't have a website or anything yet.
2 years ago